Saturday 24 December 2016

24th December - Merry Christmas

I've been a little quiet on the blog front this month, due to one thing or another so I thought I'd best get something done up tonight at least.


I've been rather busy, but it's not been overly focused on any particular thing. I've been playing a fair amount of Kingdom Death: Monster and have got the core game mostly glued now (only got The Watcher left to go, plus any extra survivors I feel like throwing together). We couldn't resist the Black Friday sales so we've picked up all the expansions the Australian warehouse still had in stock and we're in for the update pack on the kickstarter which is still running now.



Our Dropfleet Commander pledges arrived about a week back so I've got a starter fleet for all four factions assembled and have got a game in against The Wife and her Shaltari and Toby and the PHR. I have to say it was definitely worth the wait as even with only two small games under my belt I can see how it will scale up to a much more tactically involved game in a similar way to Dropzone Commander where as you start fielding bigger armies you get a wide range of possible tactical options depending on what you field.





We've also kept up some strong momentum on the board game front with the Monday games night group going strong and the family and I have been playing our two new acquisitions this week; Plague Inc which is a brilliant adaption from the old app store game, and we got our first game of River Horse's Jim Henson's Labyrinth in last night and we all found it to be quite enjoyable.









Hobby wise I've started to chip away at the Abyssal Dwarves again, almost finishing the three units I've been working on the last 3 or so weeks, but the main focus was on another batch of the sponge rocks I knocked up back in October (giving me enough for a few presents for Christmas as well as keeping a nice amount for myself :) ).


That's about it for moment, I may try to get another update in before hand but if not have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a Happy New Years to you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.