Sunday 15 September 2013

Star Wars X-wing game 15th September 2013

It's been a while between games, but it's starting to look up.

Got a game of Bolt Action lined up with a mate for Wednesday and tonight I decided to pull out Star Wars X wing and teach my wife how to play. Now before you say anything no I did not have to force her she's been asking about it for a while now..... probably due to my out load musings about moving the funds around to purchase another couple of expansions for it.

We set up using the basic game (2 tie fighters and 1 x-wing) as well as two of the expansions I've purchased for my daughters (1 x-wing and 1 tie advanced). She opted to play the rebels, so I chose to represent the glorious empire (May Palpatine live forever).

You'll have to excuse the shoddy photos on this one, there from my phone rather than the camera but it was downstairs and it was just too far this time.

Now I have to stress I gave her the tip not to let me get behind her but after some interesting opening maneuvers on her part the game turned into a chase the x-wing scenario and only her amazing ability to roll dodges kept us going, tho she did perform a well timed korogran turn in the last turn vaporizing one of my fighters before being finished off by the remaining one.

She enjoyed herself and (As I'm a bit of a purist so I insist that spaceship noises must be made for moving, firing and explosions) took a light hearted approach to being demolished.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.