Friday 13 February 2015

13th February - 9th Feb Across the Dead Earth Game vs Toby

Having decided to really work towards getting a campaign off the ground, myself and Toby are playing a small loosely link series of games to get a feel for gang progression. We decided on a low points cost off two hundred to start off and even with such a small amount of wiggle room we ended up with wildly differing gangs, although we both ended up settling on four members. Both of us managed to spend exactly the two hundred points we had to play with.

I opt'd for a Leader (Cliff Westhill), a Medic (Villa GP), an Assault member (Angry Aaron), and an unskilled grunt (Cara Loft). Outfitting them I ended up settling of a couple of shotguns for Cliff and Villa, a pistol for Cara and Cliff as a befits a great leader and finally a SMG and short sword for Aaron.

Toby's thus far unnamed gang members consisted of a Leader with SMG, a Sharpshooter with a scout sniper rifle, a grunt with the melee expert skill armed with a rapier and small shield, and finally a Dog.

We played a suitable small reward loot run game with three central loot tokens. Two placed with cover in favor of each of us and one more central more open token.



As you would expect in a game this size the first few turns were low on action with both of us maneuvering for a run at the centre token while sending some one in for the easy token retrieval. 


Toby got his sniper up on the hill overlooking the loot area and with his trusty dog guarding him it proved rather more trouble than it was worth to try to remove him particularly with the rather large disparity in our firing ranges. Although I managed to stay out of range or out of LOS for pretty much the entire game it did make it trickier to respond to his movements so I'd say points well spent.



The action packed part of the game arrived when after managing to stall the melee experts advance on my medic, he ended up engaging with Angry Aaron as he readied himself for a rush to the loot (We house rule that it takes an action to collect the loot up/search cupboards/open vans in order to move off with it){The dog model and the melee expert are borrowed from The Youngest's Saga Irish which she finished off painting the other day}[She's onto her Bolt Action Italians now].



Thankfully for me he ran out of actions and at that point so I took an aimed shot with Cara which of course went majorly wide. Not to worry though I won initiative and Cliff moved around and took a shot, again massively wild. Good thing those old leaders get three actions hey........ Jammed! Not the best result I could have wanted so poor old Aaron ended up on the floor in quite a mess, though Toby decided it was the loot he wanted and went to pick it up relying on his trusty shield to protect him from my incredible aim.

The following turn saw me manage to hit him twice, but Toby easily made the saving throws and started to pull out content with his majority of loot. This was were Villa show'd his worth in points and got Aaron back on his feet eliminating the need for a recovery roll after the game.

Final loot values where forty-five points for Toby and thirty for me. At the moment neither of us has spent them. I know where I'm heading to with mine but it'll have to be a surprise as I know the dodgy fellow will be reading trying to get intel on the inner workings of my gang :).

We got together the next day and did some work on some ruined concrete buildings and I may get a bit more done on them today, although my Combined Army is almost done (although the Doc has yet to be put together) so I might do the finishing touches on them first and then the buildings. I'll have to get my Trader's Caravan painted for the February edition of the Anaryal painting competition too, but this month is proving a bitch for time with covering holidays and such at work at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.