Tuesday 13 September 2016

13th September - Finished Saga Milites Christi Warband

It took me a few days longer than I was planning but these things will happen. I've painted them up as Hospitallers mostly due to my liking of the colour scheme than any other reasons. I've had them on the table one already before they were properly finished in a quick game against Toby's Anglo-Saxons (not an overly historic match up I know but thanks to the Saga rules one that was quite playable).

I blundered with them slightly at the start of the game as I have only played with the Vikings before under the rule set but by about turn three I felt like I had at least a basic understanding of the way they function and I'm looking forward to getting them out again. I did find one small hiccup with my warband setup seeing as I'm limited to a number of crossbow men equal to the hearthguard in the force, but I've ordered some more foot warriors and I'm considering a couple more units of mounted hearthguard for flexibility.


Warlord and Banner Bearer

Hearthguard
Heathguard









Warriors

Warriors

Warriors with Crossbow

Current Warband (Six Points)
Not too sure what I'm going get under a brush next. I'm thinking about entering the Clash of Kings next year at Cancon so I'll have to finished off a few more bits and pieces for my Abyssal Dwarves some time soon, but I'm not sure if I wanna to knock over a few random bits and pieces before I get stuck back into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.