Monday 7 January 2019

Hobby "Challenge" for Great Escape Games 1914

My youngest and I purchased some 12mm World War One armies for Great Escapes Games 1914 towards the first half of last year. We decided that while I was on holidays we'd set aside a few days and get it out of the box and on the table. Yesterday saw the beginning of that "challenge".

1. Everything checked off ready to go
2. Putting down some texture



3. Ready for priming

4. Arwen falling behind.
(She did catch up most of the way)
5. Primed 


6. Base colour down

7. Base Highlight


I haven't undercoated with either white or a rattle can for a while now, but for sake of ease I went with it for this project. The bases are done with a Reaper Volcanic Brown base and a Reaper Harvest Brown as the highlight. 1914 is designed to represent the more flowing parts of the early and late war rather than the more commonly known trench based aspects of the war, so I'll be finishing the bases off with some static grass and tufts. I've got a few more stands to highlight starting today, then I'll be making a start on the infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.