Saturday 5 January 2019

Warhammer 40k & Age of Sigmar vs The Brother

Headed north for a couple of games against my brother today. Started off with a game of 40k bringing the newly painted Trygon onto the table and then managed to squeeze in an introduction to Age of Sigmar.

The 40k game saw my Tyranids come up against his Necrons. While the final score saw me without a point to my name the game itself was much tighter than that would have you believe. I've come away with a few tweaks to try with my force and a larger disliking of reanimation protocols and quantum shielding :).

The forces square off

Trygon tunnels behind enemy lines bringing a unit of Warriors

My first attempt at a Genestealer charge
A whole mess of 6s on the overwatch shots


Trygon gets stuck in

2nd attempt a a Genestealer charge
A much better result for me


Trygon still sits at the back tying up half the Necron force, this is the moment when I discover the more damage I do the easier it is for the Quantum Shielding to save the Necron warlord.

Broodlord holding his own despite constantly re-animating necrons

A rather depopulated table leaving the Necrons holding all four objectives.

After packing up the SciFi we quickly set up for Age of Sigmar with my brother lending my his Khorne force while he took his.... I can't remember the new name for them but basically Ogres on woolly rhinos. I did manage to sneak a 6 to 2 win on this one, but we both found a few things we'd played incorrectly in this one which may have narrowed the margin.




Not a bad way to spend a Saturday really. Hoping to get another game in before I have to go back to work depending on how things flow over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.